Student assessments are developed by corporate IT training partner LGIT Smart Solutions. LGIT is an accredited ISSET-SETA and Microsoft Silver Learning partner. They have also helped Siyakhula develop context-specific course content.
The vast majority of students attending the computer literacy courses come from the surrounding disadvantaged communities and most are accessing computers for the first time. For most students, their home language is not English and their initial skill-set is rudimentary. The courseware is context specific and geared to the environment.
What can students use the skills learnt at Siyakhula for:
- entry-level office administration,
- data-capturing (depending on student typing speed and accuracy)
- jobs requiring browser-based email and internet related tasks
- completing assignments and research at further study institutions
- online learning
- social activities, like: facebook, twitter, etc.